View Single Post
      05-26-2023, 08:28 AM   #3
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 M Sport, '24 530i(soon)

I picked up my new X1 4 weeks ago. I only drove it for 1 of those 4 weeks.

When I was away from home, it remained inside the garage. Every couple of days, I used my phone and the BMW app to do a remote engine start for 10 minutes or so. I also used my garage door opener's app to open the garage door so the exhaust gas could be vented outside. I verified the door opening first, using the Ring camera in my garage. After that, I gave it about 5 minutes and then closed my garage door. It was done while I was 400 miles away from home. I imagine that it can be done anywhere my phone can access the internet. Although I don't know if BMW put some kind of geographic/country restriction to prevent engine start from another country? (but that can easily be bypassed if I log my phone into my office's VPN)

My X1 came with remote engine start. But I believe it can also be added on later as a subscription(check your X1's connected drive store)

Another solution is to simply disconnect the battery from the car.

But if you want, I can certainly help out. I'll come to Hawaii and spend a week or two. Everyday, I will drive your X1 around and make sure it's washed and polished. It's an obsession that I have... whenever I borrow a friend's car ore even rented a car, I always treated those cars like my own car and use the best cleaning/waxing products.
Appreciate 0