View Single Post
      06-08-2023, 09:20 PM   #47
JupiterOne
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashMonkey929 View Post
It's all in the throttle tuning. If it was the DCT you'd see the RPM's climbing but the car not accelerating. Mine does as you describe in personal mode, I can mash the throttle and it feels like the car is in park, no engine response. But I put it in sport mode and everything is fine.
I agree. But sometimes I find sport mode very busy for day-to-day driving. You basically cannot drive and relax. Let owners of m40's or pure M's forgive and criticise that 28i cannot be very busy. It's great to have fun but it is basically always provoked driving.
Spent couple of days in Efficient, maybe just me, but lag is less annoying there and you are getting nice saving millage numbers on instruments cluster (... getting older).
Workaround for Personal mode when moving is to use Boost mode with holding left shifter. Not that it is quicker but it is at least predictable, if you go this way you know what to expect with what delay v.s. just floor the accelerator in Personal mode and rely on mood of car whether it wants to react or not.
Appreciate 0