XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagekko View Post
Non-MSM source, plain as day.

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpseea06.htm

Also if you look at this report, FT employment down 1.5m jobs Mar 2024 vs Mar 2023, PT up almost 2m over the same time, and people with multiple jobs up 500k over same time.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf
The job landscape is changing, especially for my 19 y/o's son's generation. A lot of people are going to work full-time by having two part-time jobs.

I'm closing in on 50 and when I was 46, I voluntarily took a 20% pay cut to go to 32-hour/wk part-time (max hours I can work) vs being full-time and working 50-55 hours/wk. It was just becoming too stressful. I plan to cut my hours down to 20-24 hours in about 2.5 years and start a side gig. In 5 years, I will retire from my current job.

This is future for many in the US and in other developed countries. Many people my age (Gen-Xers) are waking up to the idea that fulltime work is a scam, kills your health, kills your fun time/family time, wrecks marriages, etc. They saw it with their Baby Boomer parents and got a big taste themselves and have woken up to the reality that its largely sucks and isn't worth it. A majority of my friends are envious of my work schedule. Yes, I had to make do with less, but I'm FAR happier and my wife and I have always lived below our means. The Baby Boomers and Gen-Xers will probably go down in history as living a life of excess compared to prior and future generations. Gen-Xers will probably go down as the most financially over-extended generation in history. My kids make do with a lot less and want less.