View Single Post
      03-25-2024, 02:55 PM   #1
Sebbak
Rep
Drives: Ford Fiesta ST-3

Home Charging - UK Options

I'm looking through some of the UK options for home charging and wondered if there were any recommendations or 'absolutely avoids' from people on here already using home charging?

I'm looking at the X1 hybrid, so I don't need any form of 'super charging', but I think an intelligent charger might be a good idea to plan charging times (I assume that although the BMW app does this, a 'stupid' charger would just charge anyway, or is it the car accepting the charge that defines if/when it charges?)

New to the electric vehicle game, so curious if there's anything worth considering that's not in the usual sales pitches on the websites touting their wares. Presumably a 7kW charger is plenty looking at the info so far?

I've watched a few videos about what happens on installation day, what they need access to etc and that's all fine, more asking about experiences with particular products. I see PodPoint is somehow affiliated with BMW on the site, but there's so many providers it looks like a potential minefield!

I only need the office 2x days a week and then some driving weekends, so charging isn't crucial every night, but obviously will keep it charged to take full advantage of the benefits.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0