View Single Post
      03-27-2024, 09:44 AM   #1
BrooklynM240i
Rep
Drives: M240i 2024: X1 M35i '24 -Sold

X1 Headlights, a downgrade from 3 Series?

First time using my new X1 M35i in the dark last night and the headlights don't seem to be on a par with my previous 2020 G20 3 Series?

That car had laserlights which are epic, and adaptive headlights with high beam assist.

My X1 doesn't have the throw of the 3 series, ok they aren't laser lights so perhaps that's to be expected.

The real issue is that the high beam assist doesn't seem to do anything even though the icon is lit up on the dashboard. At no point did the main beam activate during my 50 mile drive even though it should have at several opportunities. Manually using main beam over-rides this but when returning to normal beam, the assist function is deactivated and can only be turned on again through the touchscreen menu which seems so counter intuitive compared to a 4 year old model.

The second part is that the adaptive headlights don't seem to do anything. My 3 series had the lights dancing all over the road and kept high beam on for a significant amount of time, tracking the lights away from oncoming traffic and cars in front as it should do. What is going on?
Appreciate 1
robe03373.00