View Single Post
      03-23-2024, 11:46 AM   #1
Sebbak
Rep
Drives: Ford Fiesta ST-3

Potential X1 30e purchase - Questions

Hi all,

New to the forum, and BMW's in general. Long story short; I have the ability to get an X1 30e MSport through work to replace my current car (Fiesta ST-3) and out of all the options available for a hybrid, I like the X1 the most. I was looking at 1 series BMW's, but looking to get a dog in the future and don't want it crammed up in the back, plus I'd love something I can just sling by mountain bike in without taking it half to pieces!!

Anyway, I have a few questions that I can't find answers to after sneaking about on the forum for a while.

Does anybody have the M-Sport seats (the single construction ones) at all? I've seen about 2 pictures of them from the M135i info, but never in anyone's actual car. Is that because people don't like them/don't think they're worth it etc? Options seem to suggest they can be electronically adjusted, but just making sure that is actually the case?

Secondly, and probably something that no-one can really answer - I'm moving from a '14 plate Fiesta ST-3, which while being a v.good little hatchback, almost every review noted the harshness of the ride/crashiness due to stiff suspension and rubber band tyres. Question is, with MSport suspension and the 19" (or even 20") tyres, are we talking Fiesta levels of stiff or just stiff for an SUV type vehicle?

To be honest, the stiffness in the Fiesta doesn't bother me at all, unless I hit a whopper of a pothole, but my partner feels sick in it as a passenger as a result... Might also be somewhat to do with my driving sometimes but I wanted to check just how 'stiff' the overall ride would be in comparison. Like I say, I doubt anyone has made similar shift necessarily, but might be able to offer up a similar comparison for reference?

Generally, I'm looking at pretty much every option besides the towbar, but are there any options that are 100% worth it or not worth it in your opinions? I get that manufacturers kinda bundle some things in with other stuff that means you need the whole package for just 1 or 2 things in there, but from current owners, anything you specced that you never use or always use for example?

Anyway, appreciate any info!
Appreciate 0