View Single Post
      12-12-2023, 07:10 AM   #10
SpaceSilver.X1
world's slowest BMW driver
Rep
Drives: U11, G60, W211, AZ20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncs1961 View Post
I drove the car in limp mode to the dealer (as they would not recover it from my house, said it was my reposnsibilty to get it to them!) and then, to add insult to injury, would not give me a lift back home, so I walked 4.5miles. Yes, I know I could have got a taxi, but that's not the point, it's the principle - that said, walking/hiking is my hobby and it was a lovely day yesterday too!
was that how they treat BMW owners in the UK? I would have been very upset if that happened to me.

(knock on wood) I've never needed it, but both the BMW roadside assistance and my BMW dealer told me that if my car was broken down(or the screen said to pull over and not continue to drive), they would dispatch a flatbed to pick it up. Yes, they know that my house is 2+ hours from them.

They provide free BMW loaners(X1, X3 or 330i) and I can return to pick it up after the repair. My BMW dealer also offers a service to have the flatbed transport the car back to my house for a flat fee of $80.(which is fair, considering that the flatbed driver has to drive at least 6 hours roundtrip to deliver the car back to my house)

Before COVID, they apparently also had mobile service for simple things that could be performed at the customer's home or office. The mobile service was free up to 50 miles from the dealership. The repair price was the same as going into the dealership, regardless of who paid, BMW warranty or the customer. Since I was a little further than 50 miles, they would charge $30 for the mobile service tech to go that extra distance.

Maybe we here in the US are spoiled by dealerships.... back when I had a _______(Japanese luxury brand), my dealer offered free pick up and drop off of cars even for regular oil changes, provided that the customer within 25 miles from the dealer. At that time, I was 15 miles away. I loved that service because one of their guys drove to my driveway, took my key, and drove back to the dealer. Another employees drove my car from the dealer back to my house in the afternoon after the oil change was done. If I wasn't home, he would just drop the key into my mail slot on the door or with my neighbor.

Last edited by SpaceSilver.X1; 12-12-2023 at 07:16 AM..
Appreciate 0