12-30-2014, 09:07 PM   #15
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i, Estoril Blue on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipphreak View Post
I talked to the dealership, and decided to go with a pro detailer in the Boston area. I just don't trust that the dealer is going to fix it to my standards. The dealer is going to cover the cost of the job, roughly $350. The good news is this guy is legit and has many reviews/recommendations on autopia.com and autogeek.com. He is also a certified installer of Xpel Ultimate, which is a clear bra solution. Kill two birds with one stone.

I realize that the car wash was a mistake, but honestly it wasn't even washed. Everything was still dirty, looked like someone rinsed it, ran a mitt over the left side, hood, and rear, and skipped the whole right side. These guys probably make minimum wage. I found out that the detailing people are actually a separate company that this BMW dealership contracts and they have a building they run out of on the dealer's property.

Ohh and my blood pressure is finally coming back to normal.
Definitely the right route! We had a dealer make huge mistakes to a new car this summer, then during the correction, they added new deep scratches. They had the gaul to ask if they can try again! Nope, chose my own detailer and sent them the bill. They were at least big enough to pay for the repair, but I cannot recommend that dealership ever again.