View Single Post
      03-07-2024, 08:41 AM   #109
SpaceSilver.X1
world's slowest BMW driver
Rep
Drives: U11, G60, W211, AZ20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
I'm highjacking the thread for a sec...unless I missed a post somewhere, why, are you buying another vehicle when you supposedly don't drive the one you have now...so you can split the mileage between the 2 vehicles and only have 2.5k miles on the clock
no.. it's replacing an existing old sedan, which I drive daily(work and personal)... usually put on at least 17,000 miles a year... the old girl has been meticulously maintained, but age has finally caught up and an engine replacement is imminent.(having already put in a brand-new transmission and rear-diff a year ago) I don't actually try to drive less on the X1.. it's just that I can't really be seen driving up in the SAV or SUV to a business-related meeting. Also, my current employer, is extremely generous when it comes to travel... so I've been flying, instead of driving, even on short 100-mile trips(assuming there are flights that short).. and anything over 2-hour scheduled flight time, I get first class. But the downside is that I'm also not home a lot these days.
Appreciate 0