View Single Post
      04-26-2024, 12:00 PM   #1141
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
As I said : I'm pretty sure everything depends from Horners 2026 Ford PU .
Don't think a driver like MAX would like to drive with a Ford PU with a lack of power and reliability .
Just like the good old smoky Renault PU

Click bait is plague , that's a fact : The Internet today...

1- Newey to Ferrari , Newey spotted in Maranello (to give LEW a WDC car again and to beat MAX again)!
2- MAX and Newey to Aston (Lance Stroll will be fired , the son of the Aston team owner)!
3- MAX ,Newey and Marko to Mercedes (Wolff would be very happy with that)!
Feel free to make your choise !

Advice : Don't let them throw snake oil in your eyes ...
Verstappen with a lower performing 2025 Merc against a better performing 2025 Red Bull: would be interesting to witness what Max can squeeze out of the Merc machinery with his race skills and experience and the Mercedes armada having his back.

Also for the sake of F1, personally I'd favor a move of Verstappen from RBR to Merc. 2025 could be a transitional year for Verstappen and Merc with mixed podiums. By 2026, Mercedes could be dominating again with a rocket. Piloted by Verstappen, it could be annihilation times for the rest of the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
That's why I'd like to see Verstappen move from currently arguably the best car on the grid (RB20) to a Mercedes-AMG car (W15), to show everyone what he can squeeze out of that car and that - also out of his comfort zone - he's worth his salt.

Back in 2012 Niki Lauda convinced Hamilton to drive in 2013 for Mercedes (#5 WCC in 2012), leaving McLaren (#3 WCC in 2012). The rest is history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Look from a long-term perspective. History could be repeated. This time featuring Toto Wolff convincing Max Verstappen to leave Red Bull Racing for Mercedes-AMG in similar circumstances as those when Niki Lauda convinced Lewis Hamilton to leave McLaren last decade.

Check what Niki Lauda said and think long-term: 2026 engine changes, when Honda no longer supplies the engine for Red Bull Racing + Mercedes possibly having successfully developed a new stellar 'rocket' engine by then, crushing the competition.

08:50 - 11:41