Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540

Garage List
2019 BMW 540  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
It's not as simple as asking a question like that. First off, yes, you will have to pay for all medications because your deductible will not be met. Second, once your deductible is met, some medications will be covered but you may still have to pay some type of copay. Some medications won't be covered, especially brand name medications. The insurance will try to direct you to the cheapest form of generic medication possible, which most of those are counterfeit as they are not manufactured the same as the brand.

In many situations, the medications may be cheaper out of pocket with a good PBM discount card then they would with insurance no matter what. This will then lead you to ask "what good is insurance". That will then lead you to the conclusion that I'm pointing out in these posts.

If you are healthy, get the cheapest plan as it's going to be useless for the most part. If you do have medical issues, then it will pay to get a much more comprehensive plan, even though you will still incur out of pocket costs.
Man, this health insurance bs seems like such a scam smh. I can get all 6-7 of my medications from Costplus for $56 with shipping. The only thing that would realistically hurt my pockets is when I go get labs done and visit the doctor at NorthWestern. Of course, if the doctor writes me up for an EKG or somehow I have another rejection, I am screwed then.