View Single Post
      03-20-2024, 11:27 AM   #17
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

There is some seriously defective advice going on above here making it sound like insurance is a total waste of money. While it is true that there are a ton of loopholes that leave you with some things not being covered, it is not a con job (especially with a better policy from a reputable carrier). BCBS forked out the $550k for my heart surgery during the first year I was on their policy; I paid about a grand in meds and copays. The bit about 'if you are healthy...' is also bunk. Young healthies won't likely need insurance for a liver transplant, but if you get in a car accident or fall down some stairs you can easily ring up over $20k just with the trip to the hospital for that overnight in the ED or observation unit. Many car accidents will be over $100k if you need surgery, easily 20-30k just for the evals to know you don't. Nowadays you really do need some insurance for that kind of thing. And our OP has made it clear that he DOES have pre-existing medical issues that do have the potential to ring up some big bills.
Appreciate 4
Mosaud19983979.00
dradernh4459.50
RickFLM410991.00