03-20-2024, 01:56 PM   #22
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
What you're describing is a personal experience. What I am describing is how the industry works. That said, you're describing a catastrophic event, which I described previously. Catastrophic events are typically covered. However maintenance and usual conditions have a lot of issues with coverage for procedures and medications.

In addition, you are you're incorrect about car accidents. That would be the auto insurance that would cover that, not your health insurance. If the health insurance did cover it, they would subrogate those costs to the auto company and/or hold the patient responsible because insurance will ask for their money back. Usually the provider will get screwed in that situation, which is why a lot of providers want nothing to do with car accidents. Or they will go after the patient or lien the case. That's how the real world works unfortunately.
That's kind of the point of insurance... to insure in case of catastrophic events. Like I'm someone who never buys extended warranties and such because I can self insure most all of that. A week in the hospital on the other hand.

Is the system fucked up? No doubt, but it sounds to me like the OP should definitely have health insurance, especially given the fact he has an organ transplant. I don't know much about that, but my guess is the likelihood of catastrophic event rises significantly.
Appreciate 1
Mosaud19983979.00