View Single Post
      04-20-2024, 09:10 AM   #77
slilley
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5, plus others

Former 997.2 911 C2S owner, current 718 Cayman GTS4.0 owner, and former Miata NC owner. I track and autocross my cars, and these three cars couldn't be more different! Each is designed for a different purpose, and has a completely different feel - although the 911 and Cayman are similar except when driven at their limits. The Miata is a blast on back roads, but in it's OE-form it's a frustrating track vehicle with that suspension that's designed to be so much fun on the street. But for not a lot of money, it can be converted into a car that's much more fun at track and autoX with simple suspension upgrades. The Porsches - all Porsches - can be driven straight from the dealership to the track and they perform exceptionally well right out of the box. They are almost boring on the street, because they are so composed that they really have to be pushed for the same level of fun. Dollar for dollar though, nothing beats the fun of a Miata. I just wish they'd offer a more performance-oriented suspension from the factory.
Appreciate 0