View Single Post
      03-05-2018, 11:52 PM   #1
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

2018 M550ix Move to 2019 M5

Hi everyone,

I was either the first or one of the first M550ix owners in North America (Bimmerpost posted that from my thread - not me) - and I love the M550ix; best all round car I have ever owned (leased). I have tracked my M550 (1/4) running 12.1 at 117 MPH - with stability control still on lol - so it is quick especially for its class.

That said, my Dealer made me an offer I could not refuse, so I jumped on it. This will be a 2019, with delivery scoped for March 2019 (I asked for that versus winter 2018). I am going Marina Bay Blue with Black interior...I have until (I believe September 2019) to confirm my options, which I hope is enough time for the Comp package to make its way out. That said (two things) my Dealer stated he has not heard about the Comp package coming out in 2019 and that it is mostly unchanged. Secondly; and I know more performance is always welcome, but I am leasing this car and have cars I race, so I am okay with the "base" car as it is already quicker and faster than the top of their line E63S (and as Car and Driver has run 10.9 at 127+ MPH - that is enough for a car I will not mod and will be my daily).

I was actually more(ish) interested in the ride and trying to make sure I don't lose too much cushyness - but most reviews state it's pretty good, and better than the Merc in that department.

So - it's a wait - but it is nice to have something to look forward to.

I shall be watching all of your arrivals and pickups - so cheers to the F90!

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...m5-test-review
Attached Images

Appreciate 0