View Single Post
      07-27-2023, 07:10 PM   #38
flashingX
Private
Rep
Drives: BMWs (X, iX, 3, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greaseham View Post
I’ve had my X1 23i Xdrive M-Sport for around 7 weeks now and I can safely say that while the car itself is great (well built, looks great and the drive is simply superb), ID9 is a total clustef**k!!

Like others here, Driver Recorder and Augmented View are just missing (tbf, my dealer has said they are coming in updates). Spoken post code search is awful (9 times out of 10 it just fails or returns incorrect results). Spoken full address searches return pretty much everything BUT what I’m searching for. My Trips just doesn’t work. The weather app/widget has simply stopped working. A whole load of voice controls are missing. I used to be able to open the windows on my M135i, can’t on the X1.

The fan speeds for the climate control are hilarious… either nothing or hurricane. The list goes on.

I’m looking forward to the upcoming (��) updates because, as it stands, I feel ID9 is seriously spoiling a great car.

I’m an experienced software developer and know beta software when I see it and installing beta software IN A CAR is not really acceptable. BMW seems to have forgotten that this is a car and NOT a bloody iPhone!!

Comfort!

Thanks a lot for the info.
Appreciate 0