03-15-2024, 01:02 PM   #1
Hartside
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 128ti

30e MSport plug in hybrid ordered - some questions

Hi all,

Based in the UK and put an order in the other day for a plug in hybrid 30e MSport and added the Tech Plus pack and sun protection glass. This will be my 3rd BM and I’ll be trading my lovely 128ti after 3 very happy years with it.

I’ve had a good read through the posts on the forum and also read a few reviews online and have a couple of questions please. I couldn’t find a hybrid to try anywhere in the North East but did have a nice hour and a half in an iX1 on various roads. I appreciate the iX1 will be quite different but it was the only one I could try

Autocar criticised the gearbox in the petrol and diesel X1 as clunky and ponderous in their review and quoted a 6 speed gearbox. What do 30e owners think, is it clunky/ponderous. Is it 6speed, I thought it was 7?

As I’ve read on the forum and was told by the salesman, BMW no longer supply a 3 pin socket Granny charger with the car. I’ll thinking about using the Masterplug Home EV charger from Halfords or Amazon. Anyone using this or can recommend an alternative.

Is the correct connection to the car a mode 2 plug?

Do the paddleshifts also operate as I’m used to in changing gears on acceleration when the petrol engine take over? I hate revving the nuts of an engine to the red line and normally manually change up on an overtake.

In the iX1 the boost function was just a slight pull on the paddle. Does the boost on the hybrid need a longer pull or is it the same?

Sorry for so many question, I’m sure there will be more!
Appreciate 0