View Single Post
      01-24-2024, 06:30 PM   #123
Kjstm
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW ix1 drive

Exclamation BMW ix1 shuddering, steering and park break

Hi Brains trust,

I'm hoping you might be able to tell me if anyone else is experiencing similar issues with their brand new BMWix1 drive (electric).

Firstly i want to say the service team at BMW are doing a fantastic job but after yesterday I am unsure of next steps and am genuinely concerned for my safety, as i do alot of highway driving each week.

I have had the car for 8 weeks and from the first day i noticed when im travelling between 101-107kms an hour the car would shudder. And the bumpiness (not sure of the technical term) has been like driving was like an old 4x4 (tyers have been checked several times, rotated and new tyre have been tested on car, yet the shuddering still occurs). The more i drive the car, the more the shuddering, and then the shuddering occurs at lower speeds, and the shuddering is most prominent when I'm turning.

I am also experiencing that i have to overcorrect the steering and last week I had a incident where the car was steering towards an embankment.

Also I'm concerned the park break is not activating when the car is stationery.

I'm wondering has anyone else experienced something similar with their BMW iX1 as I'm feeling quite unsafe driving the car, which is only 8 weeks old.
Appreciate 0