View Single Post
      03-16-2023, 12:01 PM   #94
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa View Post
Lol you obviously don't know how OCD works. Someone like me who even hates a spec of dust on their car, am I supposed to get it repainted as soon as there is a chip? Obviously not and then you gotta live with the car with one or several chips until it's 'bad enough' to justify the whole thing being painted. I think a lot of disconnect is likely based on the locations - if any of the people that are against PPF were to come and see our roads in winter and what sort of gravel is put for traction in snow purposes I don't think anyone would be disagreeing that PPF is a must-have.

Also, the prices you are stating are extortionate. I don't pay anywhere near 5-10K for the whole thing though yes the going rate is around 4KCDN in my area for a full PPF. In my case I wanted to change the look of the paint from gloss to satin so I went with stealth film and it was multi-use for me in terms of protection of the paint and then change of the look of the vehicle as well ease of clean in the future.

Lot of the points been covered already, but insurance will replace your PPF after a collision if they are paying for the body part replacement. At least my insurance company has in the past and you don't 'lose' that money and 9 out of 10 times any decent shop where your vehicle is being repaired, will also do the PPF job.
So, in summary, a personal choice for each person to make. OCD not, then no worries....

Shawn
Appreciate 3
Torgus3781.50
ksa1084.50
Three7716.50