View Single Post
      03-17-2023, 12:10 PM   #106
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanbimmer3 View Post
PPF keeps the front of the car looking brand new. No rock chips. That’s the main reason I choose to get it. No amount of consistent detailing can prevent those without having the protective film.

Sorry to change the subject, but do you guys PPF the windshield? Rock chips are a common occurrence driving in TX. I’ve never PPFed the windshield.. just gotten the warranty through BMW since these damn HUD windshields cost so much. But the PPF route would be cheaper than the warranty.
I have Exoshield on the GT4. I will get it on another car I have coming in. It's less about saving money on getting a new windshield because that's what insurance is for. Just pay the deductible and you get a new windshield, done. How many windshields will you repair from a crack over a 3-4 year period? One, maybe two? In many cases that number is zero.

I'm more concerned with retaining the original windshield and avoiding the experience of having a chipped, pitted, and sandblasted windshield. In the past I've had vehicles where I feel like I'm starring at the Milky Way. Not interested in that experience on a special car or one I care deeply about. For a lease, mundane commuter car, or family hauler I don't think windshield protection makes sense. But just like ppf, everyone has a different perspective on pros, cons, and perceived value.

NOTE: Florida, Kentucky, and South Carolina are the only states which waive the car insurance deductible for windshield repair or replacement – if you carry comprehensive insurance coverage. Arizona, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Minnesota, and New York allow separate glass coverage with no deductible on your glass claim.
Appreciate 1