View Single Post
      03-03-2024, 12:03 AM   #79
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Hi all. Update time. As you know, I had been cruising through therapy and making great progress. Maybe too great. It has been a rough week. Sunday night I had a severe onset of inflammation in my upper body. Neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, and fingers all decided to revolt against me for working them so hard. I was, for all intents and purposes, now paralyzed in the legs and my upper body as well. It hurt like a SOB. X-rays, ultrasounds, bloodwork, and an aspiration of my right ankle led them to believe it is gout. (Even though my Uric acid level was only 3.6, which is probably better than it has been in a very long time.). They started a course of meds to a little benefit, but not to a pace that made anyone happy. Including me. Thursday morning I started a 7 day steroid treatment. Friday morning I finally had a little relief, and today I feel sort of human again. I was supposed to go home this coming Wednesday, but that is now postponed until the following Wednesday, 3/13. Although I was still able to work my legs in very light PT, it certainly wasn’t anything close to what I was doing. No standing at all, not even close. I have 45 minutes of pt tomorrow, and I feel like standing is going to happen. If so, a couple steps by the end of the week is still on the table, and my original schedule will be exactly 1 week behind. I gotta say, I’m beginning to go a little bonkers in here, and this whole thing this week has been a real kick in the nuts. 7 weeks in here, and hell or high water, on 3/13 I’ve got to make going home happen. I appreciate all of you that have chimed in and sent well wishes! Thank you!
Appreciate 9
Esteban44185.00
M5Rick60818.50
Llarry16387.00
RickFLM410991.00
Lady Jane71439.00
vreihen1615465.00
BMWGUYinCO4125.00
Artemis29652.00