tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spmcewen View Post
I feel like I was suckered into buying the Allstate Complete Protection service contract through the dealership when I received my vehicle.

Reading over the contract terms today it's not as great as I remember it being explained to me. It mostly only covers repairs of certain limited cosmetic damage to the interior (rips, tears, burns, etc less than 2 inches), exterior (dents that can be pulled that don't require painting), and tires and wheels (repair of alloy wheels only). None of these things actually get replaced, except tires, and windshield damage but that is covered by my normal insurance anyway. There are a couple other benefits that are unlikely to occur like trip interruption (only up to $500 reimbursement, and towing and roadside assistant, both up to $100 reimbursement).

I'm thinking about taking the option to end the contract and be reimbursed the prorated value as it seems unlikely that any combination of bad events could ever come close to how much the 8 years of coverage cost, which was close to $4000.

What do you all think? Was I suckered into this or do you see this type of coverage as worth it?
Think about all the cars you have owned over your entire life. Now, add up the costs of the repairs and other items that would be covered by this $4000 contract. Do you come out ahead or not?

Personally, I stopped buying all of these things because I have never come out ahead on any of them.
Appreciate 1