View Single Post
      04-16-2024, 07:30 PM   #10
DestinationMoon!
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw X1 U11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSkiAndMe View Post
I'm on the all season tires the car came with for a few reasons, the main one being we desperately need to clean out our garage - I have no room to store snow tires!

I almost always use the car in personal mode (essenitally "efficient mode" with different color scheme on the dashboard.) I only use sport mode occassionally on highways with low traffic.
Efficient mode isn't the same as personal mode. Besides throttle mapping that is gentler on accelerating, it also lets the car freewheel down hills. In personal mode it's still in gear.
Try it!

Depending on what tires came with your car you may be ok. The Bridgestone Tuanza
that are on ours look decent for light snow. The pirrellis that were on our last one were like skis.

Set your front to 36 psi and leave the rear at 32. See if you feel a difference. That said, if your drifting turns it's wise to remember this is an SUV, higher and bigger than the previous models. It's not built for that style driving. Especially since it has significant torque steer. Unlike bmws rear biased vehicles that you can push through a turn
Appreciate 1