View Single Post
      01-14-2024, 05:45 PM   #1
JC 73
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840iGC, Z4MC, GRYaris CP

1998 E46 328i - engine swap to N52 for track car advice

Hi, I am looking for advice or guidance from anyone with experience with doing similar.

My friends and I have a 1998 328i salooon which we have converted into a track car - long back story with the car and why it was that specific one.

We have done pretty much everything with the car bar engine other than K&N plus straight thru exhaust and tune - weight reduction, stripped out interior, roll cage, bucket seats with harnesses, uprated brakes, fast steering rack, poly bushing all round, solid engine mounts, fully adjustable suspension, LSD & final drive ratio, short throw shifter.

After a couple of yrs use we want more power and M52 to N52 seems the obvious choice - just not sure other than ECU how much a straightforward swap this is.

I am pretty sure the getrag 5 speed box in the current car is a direct fit with the N52 as a lot of 330 cup cars swapped the factory 6 speed for this.

Many thanks in advance for any pointers or links people are aware of to blogs etc where people have done similar

Last edited by JC 73; 01-14-2024 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: adding a video of the car as it stands
Appreciate 0