View Single Post
      04-01-2024, 02:07 PM   #18
billnchristy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440xi GC

Garage List
We lived in a haunted house in Newport News VA. Activity started pretty much the first night as my roommate went home on leave and I was by myself. We didn't have furniture yet so I had my computer room setup and that was it, it was a 4 bedroom house with 2 dudes so we each had two rooms. I was in the PC room and heard a banging on the door and my name, went downstairs and there was nobody there, I looked outside, no kids running away and even if it was kids, how would they know my name on the first night?

The great room had a wood burning stove that we never used, but it always smelled like a fresh fire and we came to theorize that maybe someone or someones had died in a fire in that room because it was always creepy feeling, likes someone was watching you. It also had a funky sliding glass door that you had to lift up on a latch and then slide a bolt sideways to open, and yet, almost daily that damn door was open about an inch or two.

Everything always happened out of your sight and we never saw anything, but if you were in the living room it sounded like someone was trying to find something in the kitchen, you'd go in there and cabinets and drawers would be open.

I had set an ashtray on top of a glass one night, and the bottom rim fit perfectly in the top of the glass, I went to change CDs and heard a noise and the ashtray had flung off the glass onto the carpet.

My now wife moved in with her 2yo son and he would constantly talk to someone while we were watching tv or something, but stop if we paused, ok no big deal, but with the other stuff it was suspect.

One day we're in the dining room and he pointed at the front door, which you couldn't see from there and said, "Light's out" and sure enough the porch light was out.

He also pointed at an air duct and said "Corridor"

Later, about 6mo or so after moving in, the daughter of the previous owner/renter came by and told us a bunch of stories and that they even had a priest come bless the place with no luck, the activity always came back

My roommate Wes would shit talk the ghosts, while I was always respectful and kindly asked them to not open the back door for instance, while he would yell and curse at them, he would also wake up with bruises all over his body so I guess they would give him a sock party in the middle of the night.

Lastly, a friend of ours spent the night in the haunted room and was gone when we woke up, he would never tell us what happened and always acted weird about it so we never pressed him.
Appreciate 6
kscarrol8912.00
TopM10.00
Buug95917721.50
mc-m3214.50