View Single Post
      06-15-2023, 02:17 PM   #89
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

fanboys and haters aside, the most hated car on Bimmerpost is faster than anything in its price range you can buy, bar none (err ... i could be wrong but i don't think so)

it doesn't have the build quality of a Porsche, it doesn't have the quality control of Apple, but it's designed better than a Toyota and it's not a bad car. coz i don't mind having one! i also don't mind having a Model 3 Performance.

i drove my M340i to test drive a Kia EV6 AWD GT Line (not GT GT) and i told the rep the Kia drove better than my M340i. it was the perfect car. corners like on rails, quieter than M340i, super responsive gas pedal. I actually put an order for the Kia but while waiting, bought a M550i instead. yes i'm the biggest of petrolheads and i used to ridicule everyone that drove an EV until I bought a Nissan Leaf. yes a Nissan Leaf converted me.

if I could afford a Plaid i'd buy it in a heartbeat. no it won't replace a M5 CS but I want both. before all new BMWs are going touch screen. I'd rather have a Plaid than a G60 M60e or whatever they call it. harder to pick between a Plaid and a GT4 / GT3 but the GT4/GT3 doesn't excite me, the Plaid does. every EV i drive is mindnumbingly impressive against every strain of DNA in my body that tells me they cannot be. they are different things - downhill skiing vs ski touring. same but different.

i don't think I'll ever get a Plaid because firstly my money don't grow on trees, and i want another car to give me quad in wheel motor EV with lighter battery and better range and charging infrastructure to exist, so for now, EV in town, gas out of town.

i hope they won't get rid of gas. don't mind holding on to my 2 gas cars forever (if they don't implode ... common BMW ...!)

Last edited by G30M; 06-15-2023 at 02:26 PM..
Appreciate 1
Sedoy683.00