tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by markronnie View Post
On a recent long drive along interstate 95 in the North East I was impressed by several kinds of notifications that came up on the drivers & center screens. Each one showed up about a mile before what it was alerting about & continued showed the distance as it got closer.
To name a few:
REST AREA AHEAD
CONSTRUCTION AHEAD
ROAD NARROWS AHEAD
POT HOLE AHEAD
SLOWER TRAFFIC AHEAD

I also like the live front camera (back of mirror) that kicks in when approaching a critical turn or complicated area ahead.

My 2019 Acura RDX has no such notifications. BMW does it better.

Has anyone come across other alerts?
The key question, especially on I-95 in the Northeast, is how is the traffic data? I just don't see how it could be as good as Waze.

Also - the BMW nav tried to take me into a side construction entrance at a hotel resort (the resort wasn't new and wasn't under construction - some new subdivision was being built around the golf course). It also tried to take me out of the resort the same way.

I can read rest area signs - I don't need my nav to tell me there's one coming up in a mile. I need it to get me to my destination (all the way, not almost all the way), and avoid traffic. I haven't found any factory nav that does this as well as Waze or Google Maps.
Appreciate 0