View Single Post
      04-08-2024, 05:51 AM   #14
Fish Fingers
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 30e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer_H View Post
So in my current A3, if I’m at the lights and want to get a lick on around a wagon for example, I have to really control the wheel slip with my right foot before the ESP kicks in, once that happens i’m just left with the front end banging like hell whilst it’s squabbling for grip, will xdrive stop this?

It’s not like I’m driving like a tit or anything, there’s just too much power through the front wheels, you can accelerate down/up a slip road up to 70 mph and the front end is all over the place especially in the wet, don’t get me wrong in some circumstances it’s quite fun but in the wet, whilst the electric motor and engine are working in tandem grip can be hard to come by at times.
In a nutshell - yes.

The wife had a Audi TT 2.0l Fwd. That was the same as your A3.
Every time I drove it and left a junction for example, it would spin the fronts with the lightest touch if the throttle. It was a real pita. It felt completely overwhelmed with the power.

X drive will just move the torque (up to 100%) to the rear axle.
Haldex should do the same with VAG cars - but it never worked as well for me as X Drive does.

Never once had wheelspin in the X1.

Report back on this thread after you get it and the A3 is still fresh in your mind.
Appreciate 1
donnus20.50