04-19-2024, 06:13 PM   #7
markronnie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X1 28i

Garage List
2024 BMW X1 28i  [0.00]
I’ve had my 2024 x1 28i since late December 23 & the OTA map has updated in March already. I’ve read that previous map updates typically come several times a year in an attempt to keep current. BTW I’ve noticed at least new 2 local businesses which opened in late 2023 are now within the latest map. That’s impressive. 👍

In comparison, my 2019 Acura I bought during the Summer of 2018 took until 2020 to get an update which was a cumbersome process to obtain. Whatever was updated at that time was not noticeable in my area & many business in my area that closed 5 years back were still showing. 👎 I recall that another free map update became available a year or so after that which was several months before their window for free updates ended. Because of app issues I was not able to download it. When communicating to their customer service of the issue they did not immediately reply & by the time they did the free window had passed & they insisted I pay for the map. I did not.

I do not know the price for BMW’s map updates but if I find it excessive at that time I guess I’ll keep the one I have & I’ll use one of the apps in my phone instead.
Appreciate 0