View Single Post
      10-12-2023, 10:36 PM   #15
SLCbluebaylagoon
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post
Here why. I live in the mountains where we get feet and feet of snow. I don't want lowering even though its only 1/2 inch. Next, I don't like the sport seats (Bottom bolsters are stiff). I love the standard seats. Paddles are important to me since I live in steep terrain and like to downshift especially in the snow. I have never owned a car that can't be manually shifted via MT or Auto with shift option. I wish they would bring this option to the States
I totally get you on this. The ski resorts where I live hit 900” of snow this past winter. I almost bought a q3 instead just for the paddles alone but the x1 was much more fun to drive and I needed a hitch so m sport was out of the question. I haven’t got a chance to hit snow yet but I did drive down a long mountain road and flipping the selector to “L” the car really held onto a higher gear for engine braking. Sometimes getting as high as 5k rpm. So I think this combined with wise use of the brake pedal and snow tires I’ll have no problem getting safely back home from the ski resorts this winter.
Appreciate 0