View Single Post
      07-14-2023, 01:05 PM   #1
Iggi
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2023

Android Auto not connecting - please help!

Hello Dear Experts,
A week ago, I got a new X1 (model 2023, with ConnectedDrive option) with iDrive8.

I can not connect my Android Google Pixel 6 Pro smartphone with Android 13 to the Android Auto of BMW X1.

The iDrive8 shows the following error when I am trying to connect to X1 Android Auto: "connection failed, check your BT/WiFi and try again"

I tried rebooting iDrive8, rebooting smartphone, removing/reconnecting Bluetooth/Wireless connections (in iDrive8 and in the smartphone), but still can not connect.

The Bluetooth connection seems connected and working OK (I can make phone calls and stream music via car speakers).

The WiFi Direct connection seems connected and working OK, but the connection is established via 2.4 GHz frequency. I suspect this can be part of the problem. I know that my smartphone supports both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi connections. I was reading that Android Auto needs 5 GHz connection of WiFiDirect, but I am not fully sure about that. If someone has AndroidAuto working - please check the frequency of your WiFi connection - while your phone is connected to Android Auto.

So, I need some help to get it work - please helm me The Experts!
I was also reading about some possible missing "code of BMW" that are maybe missing on some X1 cars. But not sure how to check that.

I asked BMW Connected Drive team to help but they sent me to my local BMW dealership - which says "Android Auto is typically not working with most BMW cars", which I know is not accurate since there are many reports on internet with people using Android Auto with BMW X1.
Appreciate 0