03-06-2024, 07:57 AM   #9
Splont
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive 20i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatL View Post
Here is what I am tracking as components of digital premium:

- enhanced BMW Maps
- real time traffic: not really real time, but mostly accurate. That said, Waze or google maps are pretty good here,
- enhanced landmards visuals: I don't understand what this is
I used navigation the other day post expiry and traffic was still showing. I guess it might not be quite real time anymore but still useful. I certainly did not miss any visual enhancements, like 3d buildings. Too busy looking at the road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatL View Post
- entertainment and apps:
- spotify is great, works without interruption and doesn't use the phone battery
- other than that, not much.

I am thinking I will keep just because of Spotify until the CarPlay is fixed.
I enabled Android Auto again to see how it integrates as not really used it since getting the car. Spotify worked quite well without the app installed in the car. I could still use idrive rather than the AA interface, Spotify showed in one of the tiles on the home screen, and even still use BMW navigation (I like the HUD integration) instead of Google Maps if I wanted. I browsed the apps available under Digital Premium and had no interest in any of them.

The one issue I did encounter on one trip, I could not amend the volume as it was adamant I wanted to change the navigation volume despite navigation not being active. So not perfect but definitely means I am not paying the subscription! Hopefully Carplay is fixed soon.
Appreciate 0