View Single Post
      08-23-2008, 10:08 AM   #5
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

map switch info... posting now.

From BMS:

Hey guys,

I've had a lot of questions on the JB3 map switch so I wanted to post up some additional information and photos.

Each JB3 is shipping with 3 maps. Our high boost map, a low boost map, and a valet (stock) map. We will be offering additional maps down the road as well.

We've designed the map switch system to be expandable, meaning we plan to offer a variety of map switches down the road. We have plans for a wireless switch, a switch with 4 positions to mate to a race map we are working on, etc.

As it stands right now we only have one switch ready to go, a basic on-off-on wired switch that can be mounted in the engine bay or run in to the glove box. I suspect 98% of you will leave it in the engine bay as shown.

This switch will need to be purchased if you want to run the low boost or valet map, otherwise the JB3 defaults to the high boost map with no switch. We will be adding it to the website shortly (waiting for the switches to arrive first), and will offer free shipping on it since it wasn't there in time for the JB3 orders. Price will be $22 for the 12" wire version. $30 for the same switch with longer wire to run inside the cabin.

Please forgive my very very dirty engine bay. As you can see the cowl is off but the switch is accessible from that location with the cowl and covers installed.

Appreciate 0