Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack123 View Post
The M division will however cease to exist if BMW doesn't continue to give customers what they demand and only appeal to "purists". Lemme guess, you also frown upon "M Performance" BMWs as they are not "real" M cars correct?
They are not "real" M cars, they are called "M performance" by BMW for a reason.

Let me guess, you're all in favor of the X8M aren't you?

The M division produces enough models for the badge chasing crowd. Clearly they agree since it seems the rumored photos are of an M performance model not X1M.
Sorry BMW is hurting your precious ego by producing models that the "badge chasers" can buy. If only everyone was as special as you they could get a "real" M. I hate to break it to you, but the intent of the M division was not Motorsports in the first place. Unless you are going to tell me you use your M car to compete professionally in Motorsports? Lets be real about it, you are a "badge chaser" just like everyone else, portending to be special because you drive a "real" M. Hate to break it to you, but almost anyone on these forums can buy an M car. My X5 brand new cost more than a new M3, so who really cares. People buy the M Performance over an M because in some ways it performs BETTER (e.g. balancing comfort with performance). Again, none of us are buying these cars for competition. And yes I am in favor of M SUVs because I'm intelligent enough to realize that the M moniker is COMPLETELY arbitrary. What constitutes an M? How much horsepower? How fast around the Nurburgring? You can't tell me. Wanna know why? Because its all relative. As long as whatever M product is produced outperforms its competition, then its a true M.
Appreciate 0