View Single Post
      12-18-2023, 12:34 PM   #1
08-335xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08-335xi sedan

Anyone's CarPlay working in ID9?

There are a couple threads on this forum regarding CarPlay not working correctly. There is a limited population of us with ID9 and I am curious if anyone’s CarPlay is actually working correctly?

Ours has intermittent interruptions of 1-10 seconds every time we drive the vehicle. It also completely drops the phone connection periodically. We tried all the normal fixes of restarting ID9, deleting the phone and reconnecting, updating to the latest ID9 release, updating to the latest IOS, etc.

Our M35i is at the dealership now for this and they were able to duplicate the problem. They are following the normal diagnostic protocol and are being great to work with. The question I have is centered around whether BMW has any 2024 X1 (ID9) models with a consistently functioning CarPlay connection? I am trying to determine if this is systemic or if replacing head unit have a chance to remedy the issue in the near term. I am hoping that are actually correctly functioning ID9s out there to have some light at the end of the tunnel.
Appreciate 0