United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 & 2024 BMW X1 M35i

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-335xi View Post
There are a couple threads on this forum regarding CarPlay not working correctly. There is a limited population of us with ID9 and I am curious if anyone’s CarPlay is actually working correctly?

Ours has intermittent interruptions of 1-10 seconds every time we drive the vehicle. It also completely drops the phone connection periodically. We tried all the normal fixes of restarting ID9, deleting the phone and reconnecting, updating to the latest ID9 release, updating to the latest IOS, etc.

Our M35i is at the dealership now for this and they were able to duplicate the problem. They are following the normal diagnostic protocol and are being great to work with. The question I have is centered around whether BMW has any 2024 X1 (ID9) models with a consistently functioning CarPlay connection? I am trying to determine if this is systemic or if replacing head unit have a chance to remedy the issue in the near term. I am hoping that are actually correctly functioning ID9s out there to have some light at the end of the tunnel.
Same exact behavior on my M35. Drops connection, usually when on a call. Sometimes reconnects on its own, and sometimes I have to do it manually. Sometimes happens again on the same call, and sometimes doesn't.

And it does do the thing where it will stop playing audio for a few seconds once in a while. My wife's 2018 X3 did this for a while and eventually, it stopped happening... not sure why or how.

Please keep us informed on what the dealer finds.
Appreciate 0