View Single Post
      12-21-2023, 10:58 AM   #19
08-335xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08-335xi sedan

[QUOTE=justridebike;30749726]I've had Carplay connectivity issues from day 1 with my M35i and I switched to using BMW Maps with Spotify (on ID9) for my music. It has worked very well so far. Maps/traffic data are pretty good and its relatively easy to send routes to your car from the My BMW app. I'd encourage people to try cutting the Carplay cord.

I started a similar approach to see how it works last night using the iPhone, but not with CarPlay. The connection interrupted after about 10 seconds into streaming music via Spotify, but worked consistently the next 20 minutes of driving. I plan to continue to test this the next few days even though it is more of a workaround. I haven’t set up the Spotify app ID9 yet, but will try this over the next few days.

I also tried the new navigation system in ID9. On the first try to go “home” it worked well including the augmented aspects, but loading a destination that I didn’t have the address for didn’t work well. Basically I had to get the address from Google maps and paste it into the myBMW app to find the business. I am going to continue trying this to get more experience and to see if I can become efficient at it.

The issue with this is that this is supposed to be my wife’s vehicle and she is not overly tech savvy. She manages Google maps and Waze well, but this interface is not as easy to use (yet) and I would like my X3 M40 back! She won’t drive the X1 until she can efficiently and consistently use navigation, make calls without interruptions and can feel safe driving in with the ASS lag, which is a separate issue. She is constantly on the phone and visiting customer facilities (using Waze), so a reliable interface is very important for her. CarPlay should just work on this vehicle. It works on our other 3 BMWs, a Chevrolet and a Toyota with zero issues. Only the X1 has issues. I don’t mean that as a rant to you, the whole situation is frustrating on a brand new BMW.
Appreciate 0