View Single Post
      04-18-2024, 11:46 AM   #56
Luff9
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfnga View Post
I just stumbled upon your thread and wanted to check in on how your car has been doing? I currently have my 2023 X1 at the dealership where it's been for the past two months due to a similar issue. My baby was at 7k miles.

It only happened once while I was driving where I was sitting at a red light, tried to go on green, and the car didn't want to budge at first. When it finally went a few seconds later, there was a loud screeching sound and thudding around the front of the car, and then it finally went all the way. It happened a few more times while I was on the highway, but it finally stopped and became smooth again after like three times. Scariest moment of my life especially since I had passengers!

There have also been a lot of times where when I'm stopped for a prolonged period of time, like at a red light, and there'd be a thudding sound from the front of the car that sounds like something dropped. This was pretty frequent to almost every day I was driving.

I finally asked the dealership to take a look when I took it in for service, and they also said it was transmission-related. However, the first transmission BMW sent was unable to be programmed with the car. The second transmission came this week and they're working on it, but boy am I scared for any issues coming from this.

So, how's your car been treating you now?

I have similar issue with my 2024 M35i. There's some clunking noise coming from the DCT (could be the front differential) when the car is in stationary or approaching to a stop (both reverse and forward), and the noise did not appear in the first 1000km. Brought the car back to the dealership today and hopefully they could replicate the issue and get it fixed asap.
Appreciate 0