View Single Post
      04-09-2024, 11:11 AM   #23
Iggi
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitFire868 View Post
Iggi, humour me and try android auto using the guest profile in your car. I had this issue on ID9 on an early software version (now fixed), but I know people on idrive 8 with the same issue.
Per what I researched and figured out, there are different problems with Android Auto on U11 with ID8 and ID9.

Problem number 1:
In some countries, states, territories, - Android Auto of BMW (in ID8 and ID9) fails to connect to all types of Android Smartphones.
This problem is due to BMW purposely disabled the 5 Ghz frequency of WiFi-Direct, which is required for establishing wireless connection between BMW's Android Auto and Android Smartphone.
Note: this problem was reported many times in all kinds/models of BMW cars (e.g. X1-X5), delivered to these countries, states, territories.
Per what I know, there is no known solution for this problem yet.

Problem number 2:
Android Auto of BMW with ID9 gets frequently disconnected from Android Smartphone.
This problem seems not related to a specific territory and was mainly reported for the earlier software versions of ID9.
Per what I know, people reported that later software versions of ID9 improved the situation and the disconnections are less frequent.
Appreciate 0