View Single Post
      12-08-2023, 01:12 AM   #1
IcewaterPete
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F33 M Sport, 2021 M2C 6MT

A tale of caution! Teens and BMWs.

The train station I use to get into the city every day is only a block away from the local high school. Because of the abundance of parking at the station a lot of the students park there and make the short walk to school. It provides a lot of entertainment in the morning with some car loads enjoying a last few minutes of their favorite tunes at level 10 and one last hit of whatever is in the pipe as the cloud of smoke emerges from the vehicle. There is also some good car spotting.

About two weeks ago a rough but decent enough for a first car E39 starts parking with the other student cars and I was looking to give the owner a nod of approval. Then it showed up with a few “cosmetic adjustments”. Another car with more capability than the driver could handle! If I see the driver I’ll be sure to recommend he trade it in for a Mustang. 😜. Note that the temp tags are still in use. Poor chap didn’t even make it to getting his permanent plates before testing the crumple zone.

I was actually hoping this kid was into preservation, restoring or learning to wrench on this one. Maybe we will find out he’s into body work instead!

Probably a good candidate for the BMW CCA car control class TBH.
Attached Images

Last edited by IcewaterPete; 12-08-2023 at 01:22 AM..
Appreciate 4
PhaceN52174.50
M5Rick60967.50
Mani5913579.50