12-16-2023, 06:22 AM   #93
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
What prep did they have you do for your colonoscopy? I remember my CRC surgeon had me use a prescription only prep called Moviprep. The thing was nasty and I cold barely down the crap. Others have used one called Golytely. Whoever named it has some sick sense of humor.

My GI doc had me use a concoction I put together with Dulcolax, Miralax, and Gatorade. Much easier to take down.
The last time she prescribed SuperPrep and I got sick in between rounds 1 and 2. We tried again and the same thing happened. So she switched me over to the Ducolax/Miralax/Gatorade combo, which worked fine 5 years ago but got me sick this time around. I think it was the Lemon/Lime Gatorade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Damn, you're hardcore being awake for an endoscopy. I was knocked out for the endoscopy under strong advisement from my GI doc. I took his word for it.
I landed in the hospital after losing 35 LBs in 10 days upon arrival at college. Couldn’t keep anything down including water. Not sure anesthesia was the standard procedure back then or not, but they didn’t give me a choice. (They found duodenal ulcer back then, which apparently has since healed, as has the signs of Barrett’s esophagus, which my current GI identified 5 years ago.).

I’ve been on Prilosec since it came out, which might be causing me other long term issues that haven’t hit me yet.
zx10guy5149.50