View Single Post
      04-18-2024, 10:27 PM   #7904
SteVTEC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 335i vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderspice View Post
Im thinking most govts are hoping for a battery breakthrough to pull us out of our current transition phase; this era of subsidies is unsustainable. Hopefully we are smart enough.

However, one only needs look at the state of automobiles at the turn of the century to appreciate how far we can bring a technology. Id take a g87 over a model T any day.

With AI helping now? Cars might fit in a backpack one day.
THEY are profiting on all of that with their sweetheart battery company investment deals, on OUR money. "They" can go F themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderspice View Post
Nobody is banning shit. If GM approached the US govt with a clean, easily sourced hybrid that required a fraction of the infrastructure and still got 100s+ mpg/range, there is absolutely no doubt our EV attitude would at least be questioned, but likely changed. There are still smart people in this country.
They're de facto banning ICE by creating such a high and oppressive regulatory burden that they become impossible to sell, including in my own state of Maryland which is banning them from being sold in the state after 2035 or whatever.

Reduce the market enough and make the regulatory burden high enough, and many companies will just say F it and stop making ICE altogether, while gubamint officials with their sweetheart back room deals for doing so will still gaslight everyone and say "wE nEvEr baNnEd AnyTHinG."

This is the stage we're in now. Various levels of government are not "helping" anybody, they're helping themselves every step of the way.
M5Rick61287.00
Ugly Kar436.00
KRS_SN13701.00
lakefront563.50
eugenebmw1573.00
TboneS541057.00