View Single Post
      05-17-2023, 05:20 PM   #10
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 M Sport, '24 530i(soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildumplinx1 View Post
That's what I'm saying! I feel like a transmission error is a pretty big issue. If it doesn't warrant roadside assistance... then what would?

The last time this happened I was almost stuck inside a parking lot because I couldn't reverse out! I decided to not park yet and try to back out but I obviously couldn't so I decided to drive all the way around and out. Thank god!

I was hoping it was an error that would go away after I restarted the car but it's clear it wouldn't. Super bummed by this. Not sure if anyone's experienced anything like this with any other bmw? I'm curious how they handled it
a long time ago, I had a Honda Prelude. The auto transmission kind of failed while I was parallel parked on a city street. All forward gears went forward, but so did the reverse gear. I couldn't get out, so I asked some dude on the street to help me. I moved forward on my own and he pushed me in reverse(in neutral). After a couple of pushes, I got out of that parking spot. I drove straight to the dealer and a week later, a new transmission control box(whatever those things with steel balls were called) was replaced under warranty. The car was less than a month old at that time, but it basically made me lose confidence in Hondas ever since. (have not bought a Honda in over 30 years, except a Honda generator)
Appreciate 0