View Single Post
      03-23-2024, 10:13 AM   #131
noemon
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
His explanation made sense, but my bad you said it's valid so I guess that's that.

Look. Let's just assume EVERYTHING you say is legit and it's double dipping and the schools are shady and preying on students etc.

How does me paying for your student loans (because it's not forgiveness... no such thing... it's redistribution of student loans to people who didn't take them out) solve all your claimed issues with the educational system?

Is it student loan forgiveness AND ban on future government backed student loans? Is it student loan forgiveness AND overhaul of the higher education system? Is it student loan forgiveness AND shutting down of these predatory practices by colleges?

No.
He's got a point LogicalApex.

If this student debt cancellation is merely a Democrat pre-election giveaway scheme without a major reform of the university fee system, which it appears to be so, then it should not be supported. Half-arsed schemes ALWAYS and without fail cause more trouble than they solve and using tax-payer money to fund election campaigning is just adding insult to injury as well as inflation and without a major overhaul on the fee system, it is merely throwing away money in a bottomless bucket.

Last edited by noemon; 03-23-2024 at 10:36 AM..
Appreciate 0