03-25-2024, 10:55 AM   #23
markronnie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X1 28i

Garage List
2024 BMW X1 28i  [0.00]
I just saw that MyBMW app has an update called 4.3.2 that just came out earlier today; dated March 25,2024. This is an update to the prior rollout earlier this month. However since BMW removed my VIN # from the app yesterday; it will only allow me to add my x1 back into the app after scanning the QR code from the center console of my X1 as if it were the 1st time. (Actually I had loaded the VIN in Late December 2023, when I picked it up from dealer)

March 28, 2024- Latest Update about multitude of computer & MyBMW app related problems. Was told very early this morning to immediately bring my x1 back to dealer for the 3rd time this month. Service Manager said he believes he finally hit BMW Corporate to acknowledge that because of all the rebooting the service department has been doing on my behalf to correct the onboard systems, the thought my x1 was STOLEN. Without questioning they intentionally decided to remove both my wife & I from the MyBMW app which caused the problems to multiply. With both cell phones & keys in hand we drove to service this morning they reentered everything once again. This time with the assurance the BMW Corporate will NOT initiate another LOCKDOWN. Hope this FINALLY PUTS THE MATTER TO REST ONCE & FOR ALL BUT ONLY TIME WILL TELL. 🤞🤞🤞🤞

CRAPPY SOFTWARE & MyBMW APP.
March 27, 2024 UPDATE: I went to BMW Service yesterday to have them re-establish my & my wife’s phone connection to the “MyBMW” app & then to our 3 month old 2024 x1 28i with about 1,000 miles on it.
Took the tech. Forman about a hour to do while I sat in the vehicle as it was completed. At the end of it I was told I will still need to input several things such as shortcuts, set up personal assistance so “Hey BMW” would work as well as my XM radio stations for both drivers.
Well I did all that which took about 1 hour & about 30 minutes later, for some unknown reason, BMW Connect sent several emails stating both primary & secondary drivers were removed yet AGAIN. And once again the vehicle has no preferences for us.

ITS A REAL SAFETY HAZARD TO DRIVE because not only our preferences continue to be deleted, again & again, but it no longer recognizes us & we can’t use “HEY BMW” to do anything. The navigation favorites or gone. SINCE THERE ARE NO BUTTONS TO PRESS, “HEY BMW” WHICH HELPED TREMENDOUSLY TO KEEP EYES ON THE ROAD IS NOT AN OPTION. FUMBLING AROUND A MULTI LEVEL CENTER CONTROL SYSTEM IS THE ONLY WAY TO USE IT. FAR FROM IDEAL & VERY DANGEROUS.
Appreciate 0