View Single Post
      04-24-2024, 06:44 PM   #8
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

You guys need a proper credit card with perks. For $200 a yr your car insurance is covered with top tier coverage and then there's a million other perks.

Quick Ireland story. I get off a plane from London after 2 nights there sinking piss 24/7 after a 24 hr flight from Australia, the first time myself and 3 mates had ever left the wide brown land. So we rent a car, and set off for Galway from Dublin, with a plan to go to Cork and Kilkenny on our route back. So we get in, one bloke had an International license so he drove, rest of us sinking piss in the back. We are trundling along for a few hours, stopping there and there and I decide it may be time to pick up a map.

I look once, i squint, look again ...... that can't be fucking right surely? I check my watch ......... "Hey fellas, ummmmm, I think we are almost at Galway already".
"Fuckin' what Fisti, you're fuckign drunk" .....
"nah, fellas, seriously ...... we just drove across the bloody country in like 3 hours with stops!" ...........
"that's fucking impossible you drunk idiot, how could we do that in a few hrs?" ....
"fellas I think we need to get our heads around the scale of where we landed, we are not in Kansas anymore".
Appreciate 0