View Single Post
      10-20-2015, 08:34 PM   #21
Hazey82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
Somewhat simple answer: If you want a fun/nimble car, get the M2. If you want a more practical, but powerful and tuneable car, get the M3/4.

More complicated answer:
If I didn't have a couple of M cars already, I'd be leaning towards the M2 big time. It's what BMW is good at. Nimble, fun, compact. I really do think it'll be a funner car to drive than the M3/4.

If you can, I recommend waiting until Summer 2017 if it's at all possible.
- M3/4 Competition Package will be out by then
- M2 LCI will also be out as MY17
- M2 price should be more negotiable by then

Personally, I'm most likely going to go for an MY17 F80 myself. I've already got 2 coupes so a bigger 4 door would come in handy. This could change if the M2 is that amazing, then I'll hold for LCI.
This is my thinking too but I'm not sure about LCI, comp pack 2017 etc.
I've waited too long for a new car so will be M2 or F80 though I'm sure to be annoyed when LCI will come out especially if the M2 is that good and I decide to keep it (last of the manuals and non hybrid M car?) I know I could retrofit items but I just always refer back to e46 and e92 with later build years being the pick.

I was thinking keep M2 for 3 years which will take me to 36years of age and possibly married and kids. Then switch to the F80 last model runout comp package and keep that for good.

I could also do the other way around and get the f80 first and pickup the M2 toward the end for the same reason you said but doesn't really suit family car.

We really need some reviews and comparison vids to come out. This will help I think.
Appreciate 0