BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Stop at Traffic Lights Function

Yesterday, 06:04 PM   #1
X1_x23d
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 23d MSport 2023

Garage List
2023 BMW X1  [9.25]
Stop at Traffic Lights Function

Has anyone been able to get this Traffic Light Stop feature to actually get the vehicle to stop?

The most mine does is sometimes shows a warning of a red traffic light, but never actually slows down or stops.

Neither does it ping me when the lights turn green.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:42 PM   #2
10to2Driver
Rep
Drives: X1 2.3i 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1_x23d View Post
Has anyone been able to get this Traffic Light Stop feature to actually get the vehicle to stop?

The most mine does is sometimes shows a warning of a red traffic light, but never actually slows down or stops.

Neither does it ping me when the lights turn green.
Do you actually expect people to drive through a red light just to test the system ? I have had the red light flash with a warning sound when the car thought I was approaching the red light too fast (obviously I knew I was going to stop). And yes, if the if the traffic light symbol comes up, and shows the red light 'illuminated', it does ping on going green. Sometimes the symbol does not come up, depending on position of the car. Also, if it does show up when the car is not at the front of the queue, it doesn't ping when it changes to green - presumably so that you don't move forward before the car in front. Generally, I think it's helpful.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:07 AM   #3
WhiteDogBE
Rep
Drives: BMW iX1 2024

This works for me. The car stops by itself at the line in front of the light. It might work differently in your country. I am in Belgium.

Here is how it works:
- I approach a red light. It only works at lights where the is one "color". If you have greens and reds at the same time (multiple lanes) it doesn't work yet.
- The car picks up the red (or green) light and shows it in the display.
- IMPORTANT: with me, next to the light it will show "SET". Here the car is asking you to confirm that the situations on the road is as detected.
- I confirm what I see with SET.
- The car will slow down and stop at the line. This can be a bit last minute as the car usually sees the lights also 5 sec before passing it.

It's an awesome feature

Edit: Forgot to add, the ping to drive off is only when you are not looking at the road (IR camera in the dash). Try to look away when the light is about to turn green to test it.
Appreciate 0