BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Max Verstappen reportedly ‘wants to leave Red Bull’ with drastic action not ruled out

09-13-2024, 04:32 AM   #67
E86Z4MC
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Interesting perspective. Doesn't say Lewis should have been penalized, just that Max felt frustrated by it and struggled feeling the pressure of being hunted. Also states that Max was lucky to not be penalized for his driving later in the year.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:05 AM   #68
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
Your overall logic doesn't make sense. Following your logic, since Lando beat Ricciardo, and Ricciardo beat Max, therefore Lando beats Max.

Drivers skill varies from circuit to circuit, from year to year, it goes up and down across their career. It's not stagnant, ever. Sometimes they wake up on the wrong side of the bed and suck that day. These are just people, like you and I. At the end of the day, Lando is #2 in the WDC right now. Not Piastri. Not Hamilton.

This is true. What we do know is that when Max has a good car he wins something like 8+ races out of 10 when the car isn’t even dominant. When Ham had the most dominant F1 car with a material 80-100 hp advantage he was only able to win maybe 6 races out of 10 - partly why Max in first 200 GPs won nearly 8% more races in that same milestone. Sch won materially more than even Max and he is still the best of all time without question. Nor looks to only be able to win 1-2 races of 10 when he has a tremendously fast car.

As I’ve said, Ham’s stats are pretty bad when you take out the MB years and the years he has the fastest McLaren in which he only “won” (if you can call it that) due to a known cheating scandal.
Appreciate 3
      Yesterday, 11:18 AM   #69
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
This is true. What we do know is that when Max has a good car he wins something like 8+ races out of 10 when the car isn’t even dominant. When Ham had the most dominant F1 car with a material 80-100 hp advantage he was only able to win maybe 6 races out of 10 - partly why Max in first 200 GPs won nearly 8% more races in that same milestone. Sch won materially more than even Max and he is still the best of all time without question. Nor looks to only be able to win 1-2 races of 10 when he has a tremendously fast car.

As I’ve said, Ham’s stats are pretty bad when you take out the MB years and the years he has the fastest McLaren in which he only “won” (if you can call it that) due to a known cheating scandal.
HAM won a WDC while Kimi and Alonso were in their prime. NEXT.
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 1
CMW33757.00
      Yesterday, 01:52 PM   #70
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
LEW drove the fastest car in the F1 history but still he was beaten by MAX.

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick66286.00
      Yesterday, 08:40 PM   #71
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Alo career went downhill after his 2 WDCs especially when they were giving ham upgrades that Alo didn’t get. Kimi also didn’t care after he won. Again, ham only won due to blatant cheating that was admitted to being covered up. After that he went on to win only a couple races while Vet made a complete mockery of him. Then it wasn’t until he got 80-100 more hp he could win races and still lost to a very bad Ros. He also lost to Max while having a much faster car. When skill is actually needed for Ham, there isn’t any. Again, he went 3 years without a win while having a car much more competitive than Max had (yet still won many races) through the 2021 season and more competitive than most drivers ever will get.

Next…
Appreciate 1
M5Rick66286.00
      Yesterday, 09:50 PM   #72
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
LEW drove the fastest car in the F1 history but still he was beaten by MAX.
Ok - but it's peers were quick too. By 2017 the competition caught up, Ferrari and Vettel had caught up.

Max was winning by 1 minutes over his peers in 2023, and now in 2024 he went from podiums to mid pack, to being beat by Perez.

If Hamilton is bad, Max is terrible and hasn't beaten anyone worth a damn.
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #73
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
Alo career went downhill after his 2 WDCs especially when they were giving ham upgrades that Alo didn’t get. Kimi also didn’t care after he won. Again, ham only won due to blatant cheating that was admitted to being covered up. After that he went on to win only a couple races while Vet made a complete mockery of him. Then it wasn’t until he got 80-100 more hp he could win races and still lost to a very bad Ros. He also lost to Max while having a much faster car. When skill is actually needed for Ham, there isn’t any. Again, he went 3 years without a win while having a car much more competitive than Max had (yet still won many races) through the 2021 season and more competitive than most drivers ever will get.

Next…
Ham was a WDC runner up in his rookie season, winner in season 2. Next.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:16 AM   #74
fs1977
Private
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Garage List
2020 G21 M340i  [10.00]
In what race was Max beaten by Perez this year?
Appreciate 1
      Today, 03:47 AM   #75
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

MAX reportedly wants ..to leave.. zzzzzzzz
Next.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 05:49 AM   #76
Fillip
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M3 (F80)

Aston Martin would be delighted to read such articles but I don't see him leaving the Red Bull any time soon.
Appreciate 0