BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) U11 X1 xDrive 25e (Europe)

10-31-2023, 07:50 AM   #23
Taramundi1640
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xdrive 25e - 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by f36_MSport View Post
75km is reasonable.
I am between 68 and 74km.

It depends on how you drove recently - statistics.

The 90km claimed is based on the official tests, I'd say not real life representative.
Thanks all for the reply. It seems like 75 is a baseline then, as it was the one indicated when I got my car at the dealer and later at the following charges. I guess driving habits have no influence yet. I have seen videos with th 90km range, the same version, though.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 08:16 AM   #24
f36_MSport
Rep
Drives: F36 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramundi1640 View Post
Thanks all for the reply. It seems like 75 is a baseline then, as it was the one indicated when I got my car at the dealer and later at the following charges. I guess driving habits have no influence yet. I have seen videos with th 90km range, the same version, though.
Two months ago, I had to drive abroad and the battery quickly reached 0 given it was a long trip. So the car drove for a long time on fuel. That reduces the average kWh/100km and the when you charge right after it estimates something like 90 but that is not real range.

If you happen to have such a scenario and you see a range like 90, look at your real mileage and you'll see that the 90 does not cover a real distance of 90kms. It will end up again being 70 something.

The car's estimation can only be as much as reliable, it stays an estimation for the upcoming trips on which many factor will impact.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 08:16 AM   #25
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Definitely a range of factors that are at play, temperature a big one, how it was driven before another, age of the matter any more factors it seems. Even if your car is an X-line low spec vs M-Sport high heavy could be factors that change the score.

The base sport with very low spec is the lowest drag and weight they offer which is where the best figures have been generated on. M-sport is more drag than an x-line as well for example.

All of that makes an impact even if you have a pano roof vs not and if you only have 17" alloys vs 20" all have an effect.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 08:27 AM   #26
Taramundi1640
Rep

Thanks. I have also run the battery down to 0 and got the same 75km range at the next recharge. Ambient temperature should not be an issue since it still remains above 15°c. Driving is on the conservaty/efficient mode almost alll the time.
I will continue checking this and will report back.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 08:39 AM   #27
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. I have also run the battery down to 0 and got the same 75km range at the next recharge. Ambient temperature should not be an issue since it still remains above 15°c. Driving is on the conservaty/efficient mode almost alll the time.
I will continue checking this and will report back.
Batteries often take a while before they show their max charge / efficiency early on as well, lots of factors in play.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 06:28 AM   #28
gqbriel
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 U11 30e

Garage List
75kms on a full battery is ONLY possible if its not cold,not raining,not driving at night and NOT in city driving with traffic.

I have like 10 000kms on e drive and the max was 95kms BUT it was 30 degrees C - absolutely calm driving NO accelerations and a level road.

Also not a good idea to full charge if not using it all the way.But 60 is the most realistic range in big cities.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2023, 11:24 AM   #29
Taramundi1640
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqbriel View Post
75kms on a full battery is ONLY possible if its not cold,not raining,not driving at night and NOT in city driving with traffic.

I have like 10 000kms on e drive and the max was 95kms BUT it was 30 degrees C - absolutely calm driving NO accelerations and a level road.

Also not a good idea to full charge if not using it all the way.But 60 is the most realistic range in big cities.
Just some feedback. Dealer said that the 75km range is a baseline when delivered to start monitoring the way you drive. Depending on the environmental conditions and driving style, the system will calculate your range every time.
Concerning the 100% charge, they said it is not a problem at all, although, from 80% the charging rate becomes slower, so some owners opt 80% to be able to get on the road faster. Slow charge at home should be no problem at 100%.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2023, 02:06 PM   #30
gqbriel
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 U11 30e

Garage List
Quote:
Just some feedback. Dealer said that the 75km range is a baseline when delivered to start monitoring the way you drive. Depending on the environmental conditions and driving style, the system will calculate your range every time.
Concerning the 100% charge, they said it is not a problem at all, although, from 80% the charging rate becomes slower, so some owners opt 80% to be able to get on the road faster. Slow charge at home should be no problem at 100%.
Every battery is suffering when at 100% if not fully discharged ,yes not concerning for during warranty but after that
unfortunally there is no app like an iphone to tell u battery health.

75 in city traffic if battery is not preconditioned i have a huge doubt for sure.50+ is the more realistic range...

Of course if you are not in a big city with not much stop and go - yes you will have a good range.
At the end that is for city driving and from my experience its more than enough .
The months when i am not going outsie the city i havent used the ICE for a second.
Anyway for sure is more than the current X3 as capacity.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2023, 04:50 PM   #31
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqbriel View Post
Every battery is suffering when at 100% if not fully discharged ,yes not concerning for during warranty but after that
unfortunally there is no app like an iphone to tell u battery health.

75 in city traffic if battery is not preconditioned i have a huge doubt for sure.50+ is the more realistic range...

Of course if you are not in a big city with not much stop and go - yes you will have a good range.
At the end that is for city driving and from my experience its more than enough .
The months when i am not going outsie the city i havent used the ICE for a second.
Anyway for sure is more than the current X3 as capacity.
I don’t think it’s really at 100% though, they often show that as the have got to a given change but the management can actually take them beyond that. Most charging now then just disengages and the battery tech won’t allow any more charge.

Also can’t you see the charge rate now in the app, we only use the plug and as it’s so slow it’s pretty flat if not completely flat all the way to 100%. However we do only charge it to 90% as her commute only needs that much. I think in Oct the MPG was over 800mpg.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2024, 04:22 PM   #32
querciolana842
Rep
Drives: (U11) X1 xDrive 25e

Good evening everybody. I didn't know whether it was best to create a new thread or start a new one since this thread related to the xDrive, drivetrain and battery/range of our X1 PHEV xDrive 25e. As an update, we have had the car just over one full year and managed to put 18,000km. In that year, the vehicle has been in for service a total of 5 months. Main safety camera system (behind review mirror) went bust, wiper arms somehow not connected to shaft/wiper motor and now the drivetrain bricked with no warning leaving my elderly aunt and cousin stranded on the side of the road on a very hot day in Italy. Once I get more details on the issue and what was done to remedy the situation by BMW, I will post here. We love the car. Out of the 18,000km, 10,000km were done on full electric, but these issues have left us a bit worried about the longevity of this vehicle.
Appreciate 0